Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My favorite pancakes



I love this pancake recipe! It is great with fruit added or my personal favorite... chocolate chips. I like to add some chocolate chips, and that replaces the need for butter and syrup making them easily transportable. I figure it is such a healthy recipe that a little chocolate won't hurt, right? Enjoy!!

HOMEMADE WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES
6 C wheat flour (can sub. 2-3 of cornmeal and/or quick oats)
4 tbs lemon juice (mixes w/ milk to make buttermilk)
1 C powdered milk 1 tsp baking soda
1 tbs baking powder 3 eggs
3 tbs vegetable oil 1 tbs cinnamon
4-5 C water 4 tbs honey
1 tsp salt 1 tbs vanilla extract
2 tbs maple extract (optional)

Mix until moist. This is a hearty pancake, so smaller pancakes are suggested. Can also add bananas, nuts, and/or berries to pancakes to make them a fun hand held treat for kids. Top with butter and applesauce. (Freeze left-over pancakes and pop into toaster to heat for a quick breakfast.)

5 comments:

*Katie May* said...

looks yummy, look like Dr. D likes them

SuperCoolMom said...

Ooh, I'll have to try these! Mind if I put the recipe on my recipe blog?

Salsa Mama said...

Sure, you can put this one on your blog. It's yummy in our tummies! ;)

SuperCoolMom said...

Hey, here's the link to Jenn with the super cute hair tutorials!
itsmylife-jenn dot blogspot dot com

KaraLyn said...

YUMMY! I'm gonna have to try this one. I love pancakes and chocolate can only make them even better!