Tuesday, February 19, 2008

There's no business like SNOW business



I'm doing double duty with this post, and calling it my blessing post for the week. I am so thankful for family outings, family outings with good friends, and going to the snow. (and leaving it there!) We had the greatest day Monday on a little snow trip with Supercoolmom and her family. The weather was so nice, about 57 degrees, so we didn't even really need to wear coats! We found the perfect spot to sled with nobody else there to compete with. Dr. Destructo discovered he likes those "nature made snow cones". :) Talk about burning calories! (yippee!) Hauling myself up and down that little hill carrying kids and pulling them on sleds... We were pretty wiped out by the time we were done. I decided I would NOT make a good pioneer in the snow. That is such hard work I can't imagine what they went through, and especially without proper clothing and such. They are my heroes!! After the sledding we ate a picnic lunch and headed home. It was a perfect President's day in my book.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KaraLyn said...

Looks like lots of fun! Kids always enjoy the snow... and I'm with you... it's nice to leave it where it's at!

SuperCoolMom said...

That was a great day! Thanks for inviting us along, we had a great time!

Lorie said...

Such cute pictures!!!

*Katie May* said...

Love the pic of Sweet G her face is a kodak moment fo sure