Friday, June 6, 2008

Games, games, games


I love to play games. I have always been a game-y person. I am so happy to have married someone who also loves games. (of course, I knew that before I married him) We like to sit around and play games at night sometimes. We used to always play a game called "Pass the Pigs" in the evenings. That game was a wedding present and we still have it to this day. The little piggies in it are so cute! Anyway, now one of our family favorites is "Clue". We also love card games, especially Uno because it's so easy for little kids to play. In fact, our 4 year old Little Miss usually wins!!
Last night I came across a card game that a friend gave to me in high school, called "Set". I love that game so we played it for a while. Memories from high school came back as I pictured a group of us playing this game. Usually you think of party games as loud and sometimes rowdy. Well, when you play this game this is what it looks like; a bunch of people standing around in a circle, staring at the table in total silence until someone says, "Set!". It is kind of funny to think about. Set cards consist of squiggles, ovals, and diamonds; the colors red, purple and green; and the fill of empty, solid, or stripe. You set out 12 cards and a "set" is a set of three cards that either have all the attributes all the same or all different. I don't explain it very well, but it's a cool game. I have been wanting to buy "Life" for a while now. That was one of my favorites as a child.
I think I feel a game night coming on...

4 comments:

*Katie May* said...

I gave that to my parents a few years back and we could never fugure out how to play it. Have you ever played five crowns? I think it is from the same maker and is a card game. Also quiddler is a fun spelling card game. Anyway it is a Cluff family favorite. Oh and one of my new favorites is ziggity (by cranium) it is a fun family card game that includes a little addition, spelling, matching and a little puzzle. I think you mormally find it at Target. I wish Brendan was a game person because I totally am.

Holly Janeen said...

ME TOO!!! i love love love GAMES! they are my favorite.
so if you have game night... INVITE US!!! *but i will warn you... competitive holly comes out during most games... she is a bit scary at times!*

SuperCoolMom said...

We used to have Pass the Pigs - I think someone tossed it on purpose because I have to oink the entire time.

Lorie said...

Oh! We need to have a game night some time this summer!