Thursday, June 12, 2008

My quirks tag


Supercoolmom tagged me with this one. She thinks I have quirks? That I'm a quirky person? Well, she is SO right. I have tons of them, but which ones can I fess up to?

The Rules:
~Link the person(s) who tagged you
~Mention the rules on your blog
~Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
~Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
~Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

OK, let's see...
1) I'm a pretty good speller and I can't stand to see things that people send out spelled badly. I mean, if you are nursing and typing with one hand type of thing, then it's perfectly ok. Or just a casual email or something, that's fine. But especially if it is a business letter or something-for goodness sake, at least spell check if you can't spell! (now watch, I'll have some typo-s in this post...)

2) I have lately realized that I'm a perfectionist in some areas. Like cleaning house. This is not a good thing because it makes me feel like if I don't have the time to do it perfect, then I'd rather not do it at all until I have the time for perfection. Let's face it, who has the time for perfection? NOT me. I need to just learn to be ok with "clean enough". I'm working on it. :)

3) I don't like mayo or Miracle Whip. Especially not Miracle Whip. I do use mayo in a few things, but I don't like to touch it or smell it. Really--I try not to gross out if it touches me, I just think it's so nasty for some reason.

4) Clutter in my house clutters my brain. I have too much stuff and am always wanting to purge but feel like I need someone to hold my hand through the process. Why I don't just chuck it all, I don't know. It's that feeling that I don't want to toss something really important that I would miss forever and ever...

5) I always like to use one of our nicest forks when I eat. We have a mismatch of different forks, some cheap-o ones and a couple nice ones. We call the prettiest one the "Queen" fork or the "Princess" fork. I hate using the cheap ones! Call me a fork snob, but I like using the nice ones.

6) When I am playing the piano, I hate having to stop in the middle of a song. It drives me nuts! I just want to finish the song even if I have to rush to the end. My older kids know that if they need something and I'm in the middle of a song, they wait until I'm done unless it's really important.

That's all I need to post for now, so I will tag Lorie, C, Christine, Katie, Stacy, and Amy in VA and UK. :)

6 comments:

*Katie May* said...

That was fun! Sounds like you have the Goodman Clutter problem :) I will try to get to the tag. If I can think of some things :)

tdljld said...

I'm totally with you on the mayo touching me thing. I like to eat it, but the only place I want it to touch me is inside my mouth.

SuperCoolMom said...

I dislike Mayo too. I'll eat it in a salad, but not on a sandwich and I hate to spread it for other people.

Crazymamaof6 said...

i hate mayo too. i'll eat it in something, but EWW i don't want to see it or smell it. or have it near me. SAME!

and the cleaning perfectionist? TOTALLY ME!

and the purging and clutter. ME TOO!

Jen said...

About quirk number 2, I am reading a book that addresses people with the same problem you have! (and the same problem I have). It's called House Works and it is giving me some GREAT ideas on organizing my life! You should check it out!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture:)

SweetG