Thursday, June 12, 2008
My quirks tag
Supercoolmom tagged me with this one. She thinks I have quirks? That I'm a quirky person? Well, she is SO right. I have tons of them, but which ones can I fess up to?
~Link the person(s) who tagged you
~Mention the rules on your blog
~Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
~Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
~Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
OK, let's see...
1) I'm a pretty good speller and I can't stand to see things that people send out spelled badly. I mean, if you are nursing and typing with one hand type of thing, then it's perfectly ok. Or just a casual email or something, that's fine. But especially if it is a business letter or something-for goodness sake, at least spell check if you can't spell! (now watch, I'll have some typo-s in this post...)
2) I have lately realized that I'm a perfectionist in some areas. Like cleaning house. This is not a good thing because it makes me feel like if I don't have the time to do it perfect, then I'd rather not do it at all until I have the time for perfection. Let's face it, who has the time for perfection? NOT me. I need to just learn to be ok with "clean enough". I'm working on it. :)
3) I don't like mayo or Miracle Whip. Especially not Miracle Whip. I do use mayo in a few things, but I don't like to touch it or smell it. Really--I try not to gross out if it touches me, I just think it's so nasty for some reason.
4) Clutter in my house clutters my brain. I have too much stuff and am always wanting to purge but feel like I need someone to hold my hand through the process. Why I don't just chuck it all, I don't know. It's that feeling that I don't want to toss something really important that I would miss forever and ever...
5) I always like to use one of our nicest forks when I eat. We have a mismatch of different forks, some cheap-o ones and a couple nice ones. We call the prettiest one the "Queen" fork or the "Princess" fork. I hate using the cheap ones! Call me a fork snob, but I like using the nice ones.
6) When I am playing the piano, I hate having to stop in the middle of a song. It drives me nuts! I just want to finish the song even if I have to rush to the end. My older kids know that if they need something and I'm in the middle of a song, they wait until I'm done unless it's really important.
That's all I need to post for now, so I will tag Lorie, C, Christine, Katie, Stacy, and Amy in VA and UK. :)
Posted by Salsa Mama at 6:49 AM