Friday, September 26, 2008

Awwww, shucks!


Yep--ya'll guessed it. We just found out that Whetten baby number SIX is on the way! Apparently, we brought more back from Minnesota than we thought. :)

So here's the story:
I wasn't thinking anything about missing a cycle because I am so irregular anyway. It is "normal" for me to go 2 months, a month and a half, a month, or whatever. Then came the forgetfulness. I am so scatterbrained right now that I was actually hoping I might be pregnant so I would have a good excuse! But, I still just thought it was me. Then came the pulling pains one night as I was turning over in bed. I always get these muscle pains even when I'm very early on in pregnancy. It was enough to make me think, hmmmmm. Then came my sure sign, the Baby Story. I seriously can take it or leave it when I'm not pg, and definitely don't get emotional over it. BUT when I AM pg, I cry over every episode and watch it often. It came on after the other show I was watching and before I could turn it off I got hooked and started tearing up. As soon as I did this I thought, "Oh dear." So the next day I went down to the women's clinic and got a test and sure enough!
Kind of funny! This is our first "surprise" baby. We knew we wanted another one, I was just planning on being in better physical shape first. But we are very happy and excited, just a little in disbelief still.

**Side note about the last post disappearing--I posted and received several comments about being pregnant and whatnot, and then I realized that my friend Nikki would probably look at my blog and discover the news. I didn't want her to find out that way because I had planned a funny way to tell her and her family on Saturday after the Relief Society broadcast. So I deleted the post and hid all comments. Well, probably an hour after I covered my tracks she checked my blog! Then emailed me to ask what happened to all my comments and the post. heeheehee Thank GOODNESS she didn't see. I was able to play my little joke, which didn't exactly go over like I thought it would, but it was still good. Turns out, Nikki had the SAME announcement to make and we have almost the same due date! Super fun! :)

8 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

That is so fun! I'm alwas taken by surprise, even with all the trying and waiting :) LOL!

Anonymous said...

Again Congrats Sally, happy for your family. Wish I had that excuse not to be a sweatin Whetten! Now instead of loosing a pound a week you get to gain one a week....haha. Good Luck! I betting/hoping/ pulling for another boy.

House Of P said...

Oh my goodness!! Last I knew you were thinking you just might be done. What a fun surprise for me & you! Congratulations!

tiki_lady said...

congrats congrats congrats! so happy for you!!

Debe said...

Congrats! It will be fun to have a new nieghbor!

Karli said...

Can I just say that I'm a little jealous... even though my husband would die to hear me say that :) Someday... In the meantime, CONGRATS! Another lucky baby is on its way to an AMAZING family!

Carla said...

oh my! Congratulations to you and #6!!!! What a pretty little face! I pray it all goes well with you and him/her:)

The Hallidays said...

Congrats guys! That is wonderful news. (I'm jealous!) Keep us posted on how he/she is growing!