Sunday, October 19, 2008
My Favorite Things
I am feeling grateful today and a little reflective on what I think makes life great. I had a mental list going of things that I love about life, aka my favorite things and then I decided to make it a little more concrete and write this list down. Where else to write such a list than one's blog? :)
My non-inclusive list of favorite things:
* singing with my family, and hearing my kids sing or play a musical instrument
* playing the piano
* seeing my kids hug each other and help each other
* watching DH sing hymns with a "rock star" microphone because Little Miss brought it to him while we were singing.
* smell of rain/wet dirt -YUM
* reading a good book
* knowing Christmas is coming which means Christmas songs, decorations, crafts, colors, food, smells, lights, stories, trees, family parties, etc.
* crafts, baby!
* painting (as in walls or furniture NOT portraits)
* hearing DH teach Sunday School (or anything else. he's a GREAT teacher)
* going to school
* selling my crafts
* taking pictures and discovering I've taken some good ones
* clean kids and babies
* newborn babies. period.
* great finds at Goodwill or yard sales
* visiting with a good friend
* playing outside in lovely weather
* the Temple
* watching my kids be creative
* coming home to a clean house
* making new friends
* making a great meal
* going to musicals
* playing my flute in a good symphony
Maybe I'll add more later, but those are the things that are on my mind right now. What are YOUR favorite things?
Posted by Salsa Mama at 10:41 AM