Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Playdoh is cool again!

So, in my blog reading the other day, I came across a blog with some FUN play doh recipes on it. I don't remember now which blog it was, so I will post the recipe I used here. I actually combined a couple ideas because most of the recipes were for playdoh that you have to cook, and while it's a good one I was barely surviving the idea of cooking dinner, much less having to cook up playdoh. So I used the non-cook version, and it came out really good. Not too sticky, but nice and soft. I wanted gingerbread playdoh, so I added cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to it, plus an abundance of red glitter. Oh yeah! The perfect Christmas playdoh!

PLAIN PLAY DOH

2 cups flour
1 1/4 cup salt
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup oil

So, to this recipe you can add the spices like I did for gingerbread playdoh, or you can add some peppermint extract for mint doh, or cocoa for chocolate playdoh, or color it orange and add pumpkin spice. Go crazy with it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sally. What a cool idea to do Gingerbread playdough. I will use this for my preschool class. Thanks

Rhonda said...

how cute! Only problem I can imagine encountering is the kids wanting to EAT it. lol I guess with the sparkly glitter maybe they wouldn't be so quick to do that though! Thanks for sharing!