Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Makin' Butta

Yesterday I made a couple of yummy things I thought I'd share. First off, this lovely butter.

It was pretty difficult. Pour cream into blender. Turn on. When it clumps up, squeeze it together and try to get most of the liquid out. Rinse in cold water a couple of times so you can keep it cool and see if you are getting the liquid out. Put in bowl. Eat.
I have to note, that although it was that easy, the first time I tried making it didn't work out. My blender got too hot, I think. I'm not sure what was different this time. When I felt my blender start to get warm I put it in the frig for a while to cool it off. Then turned it back on and...Voila! Butter! Another note, I use raw milk so this butter is made from cream straight from the cow. Cool!
Here's the other treat we made that is sooooooooooo good! Seriously! I got the recipe from my cousin Jen's blog. She is one sweetie of a cousin and just had her tenth baby to boot! Check her out. Anyway, I was a little wary of the soy sauce in this smoothie, but I'm telling you--DON'T leave it out. It DOES bring out the chocolate flavor. This is the perfect after dinner treat in my house because we all love chocolate and are trying to cut the sugar and add more veggies. Give it a try. YUMMY!!!


Little Miss giving it a sip.

The moustache of approval!

Spring Green Chocolate Shake
Ingredients:

2 cups almond or cow's milk
3 cups spring greens
2 ripe bananas
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups ice

Directions:

Blend all ingredients in a blender.

**My notes on this recipe. You can go a little less on the chocolate, especially if you are using dark chocolate powder. You can also go a little less on the honey. I like using frozen bananas for a thicker version. TRY IT!!

No comments: