Sunday, August 22, 2010

Recipes, before I lose them!

Last month, our ward had a class on dehydrating and Wonder Ovens.  It was very interesting and I would like to make a Wonder Oven in the near future.  I am also keeping my eye out on dehydrators on Craigslist and at Goodwill.  Anyway, there were lots of samples, and we got a couple of recipes that are soooo yummy and before I lose them, I am going to record them here.  And I'll be sharing at the same time.  How nice!  :
Marinade
This marinade was made for jerky, but would be great on any meat.  It is delicious!
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup water
1/2 cup molasses
1/8-1/4 tsp pepper
1-1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Add crushed red pepper for spice, if you want to

Split Pea Soup
This soup was soooo good!  I was surprised.  It's also cheap to make.  Score!
I will need to double it for my family.

5 strips of cooked bacon
1 large onion, chopped
2 big carrots, chopped
1 potato, cubed
3 cans chicken stock
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
1 cup soaked split peas
Boil for 10 minutes and put in Wonder Oven until done.  Or cook on stove top or crock pot.

No comments: