Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was so wonderful!  My wonderful husband gave me the gift of his time and muscles and we cleaned out the garage!!!  When he told me this is what he was doing for my gift, I told him that even if we suddenly came into lots of money, I didn't want anything else!  That garage has been bothering me since we moved in, and was just getting worse!
We took a suburban load of stuff to Goodwill, got shelving put up and most of it all put away.  Just a bunch of half-full boxes left and we can park a car in there!!  Woot, woot!  Just in time for summer.  I am in heaven!  :)
The kids made cards and things at church and school, and I LOVED every one of them!  Blondie and Sweet G performed on violin and viola for us, which I thought was the bees knees, as well.
For my mom, we had her come over for Brunch for Lunch.  I made crepes (the best I've ever made!  yes!) filled with a sweet cheese filling and my strawberry jam on top, and a breakfast casserole made with eggs, bread, sausage, etc.  So yummy!  Mom brought a fruit salad and it was perfect!  We might even make it a monthly tradition because it was just so good.
After lunch, we had a blast making silly videos and then watching the backwards.  Weird, I know, but it's something we like doing.  It is hilarious-I never laugh as much as I do watching those things backwards!


I made my mom and I the cutest matching aprons.  They were super easy and she loves it!
For dinner we went to my sil's for a roast beef dinner.  My mil was going to be there, but they left town early.  Oh well, we had a SUPER fun time!  Good food, and then a rousing game of "King of the Jungle".  My kids have been wanting to play it constantly since!  :)  And for the record, I was King of the Jungle for the longest.  ;)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love a good clean garage ! Oh those crepe sound delicious!