Monday, May 26, 2014

The Splash Party of 2014

Once upon a time there was a family. They loved a school called MH (for short). All of the children in this family went to the school they loved. For 18 years, they had at least one child at this wonderful school. Then the last child turned 5 and the school year ended. And so ended the days of school at MH for this family.
I had a husband graduate college and a daughter graduate high school, all in the last 2 weeks. But the most emotional time for me has been this scenario. I drove away from MH for the last time in probably ever on Friday. After 18 years of attending this beautiful little Montessori school, our days there have come to an end and I am having a hard time with this. It may seem like such a small deal, but to me it means 1. my family is growing up and 2. not seeing some of my most favorite people again for a very long time. This school also feels like a bit of heaven on earth to me. I love a good Montessori program, and this particular school has such a great feeling about it. It's not just me, the kids feel it and other parents too. I have had other parents make comments to me many times, such as, "This school is the safest place on earth, don't you think?". It sure feels that way.
Anyhow, I will forego the mushiness because I can't really convey the depth of my feelings about it adequately anyway. I will skip to pictures of the Splash Party of 2014. Teeny Bopper and Blondie wanted to come and couldn't, but the rest of us were there.

Waiting in line to go out to the party:


Brothers going out together:



Working the water slide. She was FREEZING at the top:



Dr. D took her place until he froze as well.


Showing me some prizes in his goodie bag:


Doing the water slide, oh yeah!






Getting in line to go again!


 In line for pizza:


Yummy! He also had his cup of rootbeer and mostly melted grape snowcone on his plate:


Working the snowcone machine. I think I want one of these things:


Taking some popcorn:


Pictures with the best teachers in the universe:



I love these women with all my heart, and will miss them. Til we meet again...

Random pictures of the school, just for the heck of it. It was mostly packed up for summer, but I got what I could.

The metal insets, one of Tailgunner's favorite works:


Farm work:


Cute little library area, but the books were all put away:



I love the glass bead work:


Globes and maps:



This plaque was dedicated by a family that gave a lot of money to the school and helped obtain this location. Beautifully spoken dedication:


At least we will always be part of the school, like it is a part of us:



The end of an era. It's a difficult transition for this mama, but I welcome the days ahead. Goodbye, MH!
We will ALWAYS love you.

No comments: