Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our weekend dash to Utah


We went up to Utah for General Conference this last weekend. We mainly went to see my brother but of course we saw our other family there too. The time we spent there was so wonderful! The weather, the family, the conference--it was all so fabulous. The actual driving part...not so much. We have never, and I mean NEVER had so much sickness in a car!! One puker on the way there, and then the way home, let's see, Sweet G lost it 2 or 3 times, DH lost is a couple times (at least we made it to a rest stop for him), and Little Miss lost it once (in a BIG way). But we are home at last, and feeling better. The time we had there made it all worth it but I'm not saying I want to repeat the experience anytime soon.
One of the things we did there was walk around the Salt Lake City Cemetery. We took pictures of all the prophets graves. We especially wanted to see Pres. Hinckley's grave. It may sound morbid, but DH and I both like cemeteries. They are such peaceful and interesting places. Thanks, big bro for making it possible to be there this weekend!

4 comments:

*Katie May* said...

How neat to be able to see that. Sorry about the kids no fun!

SuperCoolMom said...

My cousins and I used to LOVE playing in the cemetary! So green and lush.

It sounds like a great trip - you know, other than the barf.

Becca said...

ew barfing...no more road trips for awhile, k? Hey, it's Becca. Email me and I will send you an invite to my blog...beccabooo82@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love cemetery's too! They are always so peaceful, I think. They are my favorite place to go and think.