Wednesday, July 2, 2008

get the kleenex

My DH sent this to me in an email, and maybe you've seen it before but it was a first for me. If you are anything like me, aka "crybaby", get the tissues for this one! This is one touching story! One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. The ultimate illustration of love.

READ the story, then WATCH the video.

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'. The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'.

They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's

request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said 'Yes' too.

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever.

The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island . Father and son went on to complete the race together.

View this race at.....

NOW WATCH THIS VIDEO:

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

3 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

When I got that one I was just bawling! I had to google them and read all about them and watch a bunch of their races and interviews! Such an inspiring story!

*Katie May* said...

I remember getting that one awhile back and I just loved it and how isperational it is. Thanks for sharing!

Gina said...

Oh, my goodness! I think that is the most inspiring thing I have seen. That is SOME SERIOUSLY GOOD PARENTING!