Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Scientific Nursery Rhymes


My kids checked out a book from the library called "Science Verse". It is full of funny science rhymes. Here are a couple of my favorite:

Mary Had a...
Mary had a little worm.
She thought it was a chigger.
But everything that Mary ate,
Only made it bigger.

It came with her to school one day,
And gave the kids a fright,
Especially when the teacher said,
"Now that's a parasite."

Good Night
Good night, sleep tight,
Don't let the bedbug,
tick, or louse
suck blood from you,
hatch its eggs,
and then develop the larvae on you
...all right?

Jack Be Nimble
Jack be nimble, Jack be quick.
Jack jump over the combustion reaction of O2+heat+fuel to form CO2+light+heat+exhaust.

Hope you like these as much as I do! :)

3 comments:

*Katie May* said...

ha ha ha those were great!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hi Everybody! I’m freaking out! I have been getting weird comments from strange people, so I’ve changed my blog address. I had no idea I would get so many visitors, so I foolishly used my real full name in my address. Duh! Anyway, my new blog address is www.rtheyallyours.blogspot.com . Please, please, PLEASE, whether you have my address in your favorites, your link list or your blog roll, update my address so I can keep having you as a visitor. I love, love, LOVE your visits and comments, so please keep coming! Thanks!

P.S. Those were awesome!

Andrea said...

Those are hilarious!!! Love the "science" nature of them! hahaha