Sunday, August 31, 2008

Go Republicans!!!


Well, here I sit on my first ever vacation with my husband and no children. We are in for a week of excitement here in Minneapolis at the Republican National Convention. Our trip began yesterday, with a day of airplane travel including one switch of flights which thankfully came off without a hitch. I was SURE they would lose some of our luggage, but it is all here with us, safe and sound. I have never been this far north in the United States. It seems weird to think of how far away from our family we are, and how little time it really took us to get here.
Our hotel is a AAA four-diamond hotel. It's pretty nice. Just kidding--it's veeeery nice. The lobby is incredibly classy with a grand piano they bring in and out with a lady who plays and sings and is accompanied by a bass player. (Bass as in big cello, not electric guitar) We are on the top floor and have a great view of the Mississippi River. Our room and bathroom are beautiful, not huge but big enough to hold a bed and nice reading chair with a side table and a writing desk. I'll post pictures later.
We had sushi for dinner last night at a local place, which was super yummy. Breakfast this morning was in the hotel restaurant, and I had Swedish pancakes (my favorite) and breakfast potatoes. De-lish!!!! Those were pretty much the only meals we will have to buy here (I think) because the convention actually starts this afternoon and they will be feeding us most of the time. Our time here is two hours ahead of home.

For a more politically accurate review of our trip, check out DH's blog. My perspective will be more tourist in view, as he knows a lot more about what is actually going on than I do. For example, his version--"What a stunning display of avian specimen we have here. Take the way he is skillfully splaying his grain of choice in attempt to more fully digest the contents thereof." My version--"Check out that gorgeous bird! He is really pigging out. Amazing!" hehehe

Well, to end this post I'll say we are feeling very welcomed here and are having a GREAT time. I have to admit, I miss the kids but it is a nice change to only have to worry about myself for a few days. And no cooking or cleaning for me! Ha! No sir. Someone else can make my bed and serve me food for the next week. I could get used to this...

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sounds SUPER! Have a great time! we'll also be checkin in on Pauls blog. He and Jed apparently spoke for quite a while the other morning. Cousins stoked about the VP nominee together. Awww how cute. :)

Anonymous said...

I just missed you Satuday AM. I called on my way to work but you had already left. Hope you have fun.

ajwhet10 said...

WaaaaHOOOOO! Not everybody would consider a political convention to be a Honeymoon, but it's perfect for you two! Enjoy, enjoy, ENJOY!

Christine said...

I'm jealous that you are in Minneapolis. It is only four hours from Zion (a.k.a. Fargo, ND). Enjoy the trip, especially without the kids. It's always nice to have a break now and then. Have fun!

SuperCoolMom said...

How fun to have "nothing" to do for a week! Enjoy every minute of your freedom!

Gina said...

"Mormons for Obama!" "Yes, We Can!"


HA HA... just like to be contrary. I am still a bit undecided. Not a big McCain fan... but Palin is adding an interesting "twist". Looks like y'all had fun!