Monday, October 6, 2008

Random info.


Here's some really random gag info:
My DH has a super-sensitive gag reflex. He can puke at will, and the slightest texture issue will make him gag. Like apple skin or peach skin. He likes the taste of the fruit (sometimes), so he'll chew it and then spit out all the skin and chewed pulp. (strange, if you ask me :) Well, every day for the last nearly 14 years, I hear DH go into the bathroom to brush his teeth, and then comes the serious gagging and choking. A few weeks ago we needed some new toothpaste and I got Arm and Hammer baking soda toothpaste because it was the cheapest one I saw. Guess what? He DOESN'T gag on it!! I don't know if it's just not as strong of a mint or what, but we are in heaven!! We also like the slightly salty quality of it. And no more tooth brush gagging at our house. Yahoo! So there's your bit of random info for the day. heehee Who knows, maybe someone reading this has the same problem...

Yeah, right. :)

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Funny. Pretty cool that you stumbled upon a solution!

Jed gags like NO OTHER when he has to clean up the stuff that comes after OTHER people gag. It's a RIOT! The kids and I just laugh till we cry at the production he makes of it! Sometimes I'll be busy on purpose just so he has to clean it up so we can all get a good belly laugh. I'm SO bad, I know!

My gag reflex is fine...unless I'm pregnant. When pregnant I can't brush my back teeth or I'm a goner.

p.s. Ash gags at her own poopy diaper (such a princess!) and Ben gags at foods or when the teacher has him put his hand in a science experiment consisting of glue and water (he must be a princess too!)

Christine said...

What is wrong with my cousins??? What a bunch of WIMPS!!! Holy cow. Love you guys, Paul and Jed! Glad you found a solution to the bathroom gag.

Keeper of Banners said...

If somebody finds my dignity - could you please let me know. I want it back!

Anonymous said...

How funny! Cool that you found the Arm and Hammer. Glad he has an easier time now. Pauls comment is 2 funny. Good seeing you at dinner last night.

SuperCoolMom said...

Hahaha! We don't have gagging issues, but I have liked most of the A&H products I've tried (deod, laundry detergent, etc.)

SuperCoolMom said...

Hahaha! We don't have gagging issues, but I have liked most of the A&H products I've tried (deod, laundry detergent, etc.)

Debe said...

wow the things you find out about neighbors on their blogs... LOL

Lindsay had gag issues as a baby, no fun!

*Katie May* said...

that's great for him! :)

Carla said...

My son-in-law and granddaughter are super gaggers-I'm passing this on. (How nice it must be to not gag every morning-and how nice YOU don't have to hear it:)

Lindsay said...

I love Arm and Hammer stuff they all work so good and never have a strong oder!