Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I had a birthday!

I had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, and need to post about it. It was made special for me by many special people. First, the phone calls. You have to get phone calls from family and friends on your birthday. Some with singing, some leave messages, some just say happy birthday. They are all fabulous and add to the greatness of the day. I'll include emails in that category, too. And the cards. E-cards and paper cards alike are sweet!
This year my mom took me out the day before my bday. She asked what I needed and as I was almost out of makeup (and that is a necessary luxury, yes?) we went to Ulta to get some more. She got me the Bare Minerals I was running out of, plus a couple other little treats. We took an unexpected detour to Old Navy to get me a new shirt, too. Truth is, she was embarrassed to be seen with me in the shirt I was wearing. You see, I don't have that many shirts and the one I had on was especially worn. She got me a cute new black t-shirt. She also made dinner for us (I think it was the day after my bday). Thanks, mom! It was so awesome to be pampered like that.
On my birthday, I woke up to a clean room (courtesy of DH) and that made me feel like a queen!! Actually, he got the girls to help clean in general and it made my day wonderful. Naunee and I took advantage of the birthday food specials and she took me to Joe's Farm Grill for lunch. They give you $10 off on your birthday. We split a Fontina burger with sweet potato fries and a BBQ chicken pizza. Oh-and a chocolate shake. They were soooo fabulous!!!! Then on the way home we stopped at Joe's BBQ and I picked up my free bday meal to go. (I ate it the next day for lunch. Yes!!) We also had to make our routine birthday stop at the Cheesecake Factory for a slice of cheesecake. Heeeeaven! Later we stopped by HomeGoods and she got me a salad spinner. (did we do all that in one day? Maybe we stretched in out over two. anyways...) I have been needing one of those for a long time. Love it! It has been well-used since then.


When we got home, there was a gorgeous chocolate cake waiting for me. The first time I haven't made my own cake in a long time! Anyway, this was no ordinary cake. It was made by our good friend in culinary school and was beautiful as well as deadly chocolate. Fabulous! Tasted as good as it looked.
I'm a big believer in stretching one's birthday for as long as possible. So on Friday night, Naunee and my friend Wendy and I went to the late-nighter at our favorite scrapbook store. Guess what we all worked on? Dr. D's baby scrapbook!! I had one page done in it, and with another baby coming in 2 weeks was feeling dreadfully behind. So I brought his baby pics and we scrapped and got them ALL DONE!! Now I'm not behind!! (at least with the baby books) What a great feeling. DH and the kids love all the pages as much as I do. Wendy bought my dinner (my favorite AZ burrito from Filibertos WITH a large horchata. YUM) She also gave me a gift card to spend at Bath and Body works! Woohoo! I'll just say two words about what I got: Lemon Pomegranate. Yeah. Baby.
So, I just didn't want to forget what a great birthday I had, and especially to thank all those who had a hand in making me feel like a Birthday Princess. Thanks, and love ya!!

5 comments:

*Katie May* said...

happy late b-day. Sounds like a great b-day week :)

Rhonda said...

Happy late bday Sally! Sounds FABULOUS! And I think Joes is having a customer appreciation day today. I'll look it up.

Lorie said...

Add me to the happy late birthday list! How did your girls not tell me it was your birthday! We always talk about that stuff on the way to school!

It sounds like you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

SO glad ou got pampered. Friends are great! Family is too.

ajwhet10 said...

HAPPY Birthday for sure!! Thanks for sharing the fun. I'm so glad it was a good one! :)