Sunday, June 7, 2009

Things I've learned post-partum

~and some pictures taken by my photog. neighbor and friend. (more to come!)


* Week two post-baby/surgery is infinitely better than week one.
* I would have DIED without my mother-in-law here taking care of us.
* I (((heart))) Boppy pillows.
* Having my kids and DH around me is literally healing to my body and soul.
* My faith in Priesthood blessings is increased every time I have one.
* Dehydration is evil, EVIL I tell you! Water is my friend.
* It feels soooo good to start keeping my own house again. The break was nice, but so is getting back into the swing of things.
* Small children think babies can't hear or see them unless they are within an inch or two of the baby's face.
* Babies look smaller when their Daddy's hold them.

* Time flies. Each day in the life of a newborn brings so many changes.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

What beautiful photos! I'm glad you're feeling better day by day!

p.s. I'm not sure if Jed left a message for Paul like I told him to or not (for some reason I don't have your # in my cell contacts) but that winnie the pooh gift bag left at your house last Sunday was from us. I figured being over there TWO times and forgetting to take it meant we were leaving it whether you were home or not! Oh and um Jed forgot the card. lol

C said...

So. Gorgeous.

I just love him!! Good list of things learned. I totally agree!!

Love you.
C

*Katie May* said...

That first picture is the cutest pic! Love it! Glad your feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pics Sally. We missed you at Family Dinner but hope you got some peace and quite time. I am glad you are feeling better too. Thanks for your sweet card. You guys are the best!

Carla said...

Congrats on your new little one!!