Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blondie turns 9



Blondie had a birthday and since I am so behind with my blogging, I haven't posted about it yet. She decided to have her friends come over for swimming, a movie, and sleep-over. Our neighbors were kind enough to let us use their pool with all these crazy (but cute) girls. Then we came home and ate tostadas for dinner. For her cake, we decided to give each girl a mini cake to decorate. I bought cans of decorator frosting (making it super easy on my part!) and let them go at it! Add sprinkles of all kinds (cool flavored ones) and mini gummi bears and-voila! They had a BLAST with this!! They hardly ate any cake, but had all the fun decorating it.
That was fine by me! We had ice cream with it, of course. Then we watched Aquamarine (Blondie's choice). Then we opened presents (she got some great stuff!) and some of the girls had to go home at this point. The ones that were staying the night bedded down and they told each other stories. I even made up a story for the occassion, entitled, "The Princess and the Cheese". Maybe I'll post it one of these days. Or maybe I'll publish it and you'll just have to buy it at my booksigning... Anyway, they stayed up way too late, as slumber parties are notorious for, right? In the morning I took the easy route again and had a selection of those cute little cereal boxes that are reserved for special occassions and the kids played until their moms picked them up. I love you Blondie!! Hope you had a SUPER birthday!

6 comments:

Lorna said...

I love, the kids sound like they had so much fun! Love the easy way out part too; they of course, had no idea lol so you get full credit for being an awesome mom who made an awesome party. Happy 9th Birthday Blondie!!!

Lorna said...

Oops, meant to write, I love it...etc.

Anonymous said...

What a fun party! You are a great mom Sally! I bet she loved it.

House Of P said...

Happy birthday Blondie! Looks like you had a great party with lots of fun company! I can't believe you're 9, didn't you just turn 8?!

Rhonda said...

Love the cake idea! Easier and entertainment to boot!

I gotta find you on FB real quick to send a private message because I'm too lazy to look up your email or phone number. lol

*Katie May* said...

sounds like they had fun! Love the decorating cake idea