Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I locked my kids OUT

This little baby~



Is one of the best things I've ever done in my mothering career. I have never really needed one before, but with this cute little one around~


They have become necessary. I've installed one on the door to the closet in the little kid's room Yes, they cannot use their own closet. Some of their things are in there, but it's a family storage closet. We are VERY short on storage in this house. It's a long story. But anyway, the other one I put to lock my pantry door closed. Hallelujah!!!! I LOOOOOVE that Dr. D can no longer access my shelves and the food thereon at any time he so desires. It has been the most wonderful thing. I was constantly finding him with food out of the pantry, or climbing the shelves, or just messing it up. Now, I can put the food away and know that it won't be dumped, pawed through, moved, or otherwise messed up/eaten without my consent. What a great feeling! Just going to put one more on my bedroom door, and I think I'll feel pretty much safe in my own house. For now.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

A lock on the pantry is ESSENTIAL!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! We have one too for when the little kids come over.