Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer so far

It's hot here. We just got back from Mexico where i don't think it got above 100 degrees. We went for DH's youngest sister's wedding and reception. It was a wonderful time, and all of my in-laws were together. That's a fun group, I tell ya.
For her wedding, we traveled from El Paso across the border to Cuidad Juarez, the most dangerous city in the world at the moment. Despite that fact, I felt very safe and fine about going and while we were there. She was sealed in the temple there, which was surrounded by a gate and guarded. I had the privilege of being her photographer, which was extremely intimidating and fun at the same time. What I didn't like about that experience was the time of day (noon, which is a hard time for pics as there are a lot of hard shadows and there was very little shade on the site), and the fact that we were very rushed. Besides that though, the couple was ADORABLE and very laid back about everything. Here are a few of my favorite shots:


Down home in Colonia Juarez, besides the reception, I had some great fun with the fam. This includes some time spent with my sister in law, C, making soap (LOVELY soap that you'd pay $3 a bar for!) and bath fizzies. We gave each other pedicures, ate chocolate cheerios, played the piano, and sang. Oh, the music! Our new brother in law adds a cello to our family mix and let me say it was BEAUTIFUL. He fits right in!! :)

Well, it's good to be back but we will miss the family all around. I am happy that another one of DH's sisters moved here to the valley! I see some good times in the near future. Good times...

No comments: