Thursday, May 19, 2011

More kids say and a recipe

So...my boy is truly a boy.  The other day Teeny Bopper was blowing bubbles for the boys and one bubble popped near her collarbone.  Dr. D took note of that and commented, "haha That one popped on your good things!"  She was like, "Good things?"  He said, "You know, your moobs".  And then he whispered "boobs", in case she didn't get it.
She got it.
Oh, boy.  Raising boys is going to be fun!!  :)

Anyway, here is a recipe that everyone really liked!!  I can't say how sick I am of hearing "I don't like that!" or "I don't want that!" at dinner almost every stinking day lately!  Ugh  I wanted to make tuna casserole and didn't want to use canned cream soup.  So I googled and found this one.  I modified it a little bit and voila!  Here it is:
Ingredients:
16 oz. egg noodles                                  2 cups milk
4 T butter                                               2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 T flour                                                 2 cans tuna, drained
2 t salt (opt. to taste)

Cook noodles al dente.  Drain.
For the sauce, combine flour, butter and salt.  Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are combined.  Add milk, and whisk until the sauce thickens.   Add cheese to mixture, and whisk until cheese is melted and well blended. Stir in tuna and noodles.
Serves our family of 8 just fine.

That's it!  Super creamy and you will never want to use canned cream soup again.

No comments: