Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mexico, oh Mexico!

We decided last minute to run down home to Mexico for the weekend.  I didn't even take my camera!  Of course, I regret it now.  It was only a three day weekend, but poor DH hasn't been home in over a year!!  Hard to believe with all the traveling we did this summer down there, but he was left out of every trip!  He had had enough and was super homesick.  So, down we went!  It was a lovely trip.  We got out of the heat and into gorgeous weather, took the most beautiful drive to Pacheco and saw the grave of a great-great-great-grandfather who was buried near there in this little old Pioneer cemetery.
We got to see many friends and family at church, and best of all just spend time with mom and dad.  Ruben was also leaving on his mission the day after we left, so it was nice to spend some time with him (and his sweetie).
On the car ride home, we entertained ourselves in a silly way.  We decided to name movies and tv shows, but substitute the word "bacon" in the title somewhere.  Yes, we are simple minded.  LOL  This kept us busy and amused for quite a while, and in fact all day long at random times someone would think of one and blurt it out.  So funny! Some of my favorites:

Gone With the Bacon
Bacon Enchanted
That's So Bacon
The Sound of Bacon
Three Men and a Little Bacon
The Bacon Diaries
The Bacon of the Opera
Out of Bacon
Barbie of Bacontopia
The Chronicles of Bacon
The Bacon Games
A Series of Unfortunate Bacon, or A Series of Bacon Events
and last but not least
How the Grinch Stole Bacon


Ah, the list goes on!  teehee  Can you see how that would be hilarious to some weary travelers trapped in a car together for 8 hours?  Oh, yeah.

Thank you, mom and dad, for a wonderful weekend!!  Love ya!

In other random news, while we were gone my mom stayed at our house to take care of Chiquita (the dog).  She found-and killed, thank goodness-12 black widows in our back yard!!!  Yikes!  I had the hardest time sleeping last night because I was thinking about them.  Trying to get in touch with the exterminator today...  We are also INFESTED with crickets and have got to get rid of them.  At least it's crickets and not roaches.  That would be unbearable!  ugh

Poor little Tail Gunner was trying to nap today.  He fell asleep on the floor, so I put him on the couch and then went to the bathroom.  I heard him crying so came out as fast as I could, and just as I suspected Chickie (short for Chiquita our puppy) was all over him, licking his face.  I promptly pulled her off and put her in her kennel and luckily he went back to sleep.  It was one of those moments where you want to quickly fix the situation but also laugh at the same time.

We have 2 birthdays coming up in a month.  Little Miss and Dr. Destructo!  I can't believe he is going to be 6!  I can more easily believe she will be 9 because she is already 8 going on 14.  :)  We talked birthday parties this morning.  We decided on an American Girl tea party for Little Miss and a Superhero party for Dr. D.  I pinned ideas like a crazy woman this morning, and I think we can pull off some fun parties on our suuuuuper tight budget!  Yay!


No comments: