Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Ground

Last year after the Messiah sing along (which is next week!!!!  yay!!)  I posted about how singing that music is truly singing praises to Heavenly Father.  One of the songs my choir is doing this semester is The Ground by Ola Gjeilo.  It is so beautiful.  It is in Latin, and is another song of praise to Heaven.  Here is a link to a pretty good version of it.  Everything about it is divine.  The piano part, the vocals, ahhhhhhh.  Here's how I like to listen to it:  in a relaxed, slightly reclining position with my eyes closed.  Try it!  Bliss.  :)

My other favorite song is For the Beauty of the Earth, by Philip Stopford.  This version is another one that you just want to listen to with your eyes closed.  I can't find our exact version, because we change some of the words.  Oh!  It will actually be on a new church website soon!  A recording of MY choir!  I will post a link when it is up, but this is a link to the version we sing.  Just with different words.  And not as good as us.  :)

No comments: