Monday, October 7, 2013

Little Miss turns 10!!

My BABY GIRL turned 10 this week.    Why do they have to grow up so fast???
We had a low-key birthday party with the neighborhood friends and a bff from school.
I made her a cute shirt for her special day~



We played some games (thanks to her helpful older sister Sweet G for helping!!), ate pizza rolls and fruit, had brownies and ice cream, opened presents, painted toes, and watched an old favorite - Hocus Pocus.  It was pretty fun, although I learned a few things.  Namely, 10 year old girls need planned activities or they will run and scream and be maniacs.  It only takes a couple of wild ones to get them all going.  (why did we invite so many, you ask?  I figured about half would actually end up coming, but they ALL came! I am glad but it was a little busier than I figured it would be)  So, while I thought they could use the down-time between activities to just play, um NO.  So I pulled in Sweet G and had her do some fun games and that fixed it.  She taught them "Bunny Bunny" and "Whoosh" and "Pretty bird in my cup, what color's yours?".  


A sweet high-5 (and you can see the shirt better)~


My Little Miss has sure come a long way in her 10 years.  She was our baby that DH could put to sleep on command.  She would be crying after I put her down, so he would come in and tell her "Go to sleep now" and she would immediately stop crying, lie down and go to sleep.  Every time.  If we were in the car and she was tired and fussy we just had to play "Sun's Last Ray" by Inside Out and it would silence her and put her to sleep every time.  If we were on a long trip, we just played that song over and over and over until we were done.  Funny girl!
She is super smart, witty and a friend to everyone.  Loved by all her teachers and friends.  She has a special bond with my mom, who also came to help at the party for a while.


She loves crafts, Barbies, jumping on the trampoline, riding bikes, and swimming.  She is very responsible for her age, and I love going on dates with her.  She has a super sense of humor and is a joy to be around!

I love her dearly and am so blessed to be her mommy!  Happy birthday Little Miss!!  Into the double digits we go.

No comments: