Sunday, January 25, 2015

This poor blog

I haven't gone such long stretches between posts in a long time. It's sad. I think about this blog a lot and think of posts I want to write, but every spare second of time and thought go into my photography business right now. I read everywhere that a photog biz is only 10% shooting and 90 % business. And guess which part is the fun awesome part? Yep, the part you do way less of. I am second guessing the decision to go into business every day, but all I want to do is take beautiful pictures for people and have them love them so much they put them on their walls. If I love it so much, and it's going to take my time and energy anyway, I should at least entertain the idea of making it a business, right? I have come this far and don't want to quit without REALLY giving it my best effort. Even though I wish I didn't have to work and could just do fantastic photography for everyone for free all day long. .  Ah, life.
I have a really long way to go before I am as good as I want to be, too. I have to keep reminding myself that it's ok to be where I am right now. I can't expect myself to be as good as someone who has been a pro for years when I have just started my business. It's hard to be patient with ourselves, yes?
Here are some tidbits about our life right now, in bullet form, because why not.
* every night for the last, shoot maybe for the past YEAR, Dr. D has me sing "little nest" at bedtime. I sing the little ones a song every night at bedtime, their choice, and every night he chooses Little Nest. Adorable.
* my oldest daughter has a boyfriend. They are getting serious. Nuff said.
* I recently got an iPad for business purposes. I didn't expect to love it, but I totally, really do. A lot.
* my life feels better when my room is clean. I wonder why I don't keep it that way for very long. Maybe this time. (Hahahahahaha)
* I love our ward so much. I frequently think about our move into this ward and especially into our current home, which I love so much, and just marvel at God's hand in our lives.  We are so grateful to be here. We are surrounded by such good people.
* even though my job is hard and I wish I didn't have to do it (refer to the above about wanting to just take pictures and edit them all day), it really is a blessing to have such flexible hours and other flexible aspects. I shouldn't complain about it.

I guess that's all for now. Hopefully it won't be another 3 months before I write again.

No comments: