Monday, February 20, 2012

Holiday of Love

We have a bone of contention around here.  February 14 to me is Valentine's Day, or as Nie Nie says, "Lover's Holiday".  To my DH this day is Statehood Day.  Of course, he knows he would be in major big trouble if he ever just blew it off and didn't do anything romantic or lovey on the 14th, so he willingly obliges in that area.  All day I say "Happy Valentines Day!" and he says "Happy Statehood day!".  Now, we've been married long enough that I think it's cute and usually by the end of the day he gives me a "...and Happy Valentine's Day, too."  I am cool with that, it's who he is.  :)  Just like he's cool with how I am.
To start the day I made heart shaped pancakes.  Dinner was a lasagna, garlic bread, and salad meal.  Yum!

Here is my gift from DH this year.  I LOVE it!  It's a perfect illustration of US-




Awesome.
And to go along with this, he gave me a letter of "100 things I love about Sally".  Melt. My. Heart.  He is the cutest, sweetest husband I've ever had.  :)  I LOVE that man!!!  (apparently he loves me too!  Yessss!)

My gift to him was a version of this:  (if my kids are reading this, don't follow this link until you are older.) :)


The Game of Love.  It was proclaimed the best Valentine's gift EVER.  (yes, he actually said Valentine's day!)  And, it's re-usable!  I did mine a little differently than shown above.  Instead of drawing the shapes on a sheet, I got a polka dotted sheet from Wally World and just made squares by connecting the dots.  Super awesome!!!

It was a wonderful Lover's Holiday.  We are looking forward to next year.  :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

i did the love game too.
So much fun!!!