Saturday, May 3, 2014

Prom 2014 #1

Teeny Bopper got asked to two different Proms this year. Yes, she is hot stuff. Obviously. :)
Her good friend Andrew asked her to her school's Prom. The theme was Masquerade, but neither of them wanted to wear masks. Teeny Bopper did want to dress in kind of a modern 20's look, which she rocked the socks off of.
We hired a friend in the ward to make her dress. I ended up making the shrug, because we didn't decide what we wanted in enough time to have it made with the dress. I regret that because I really struggled with that jacket, but on the other hand I was able to tailor it just right for her. At any rate it's done now and the sting of frustration is gone. haha
It was a busy day of preparation today. We had Nana come over and do her hair, and thank goodness we did! She knew how to do the finger waves we tried and tried to do and it came out very authentic 20's, I thought. I made the jacket and the boutenniere, and her headband all today. Yeah, I should have spread those things out but whatever. It really wasn't that stressful, except for the jacket that made me want to curse.
Anyhoo, Andrew picked TB up, they exchanged flowers and then we were off to the dinner location to take pictures. Dinner was set up in Andrew's grandpa's backyard, and it was so charming.
There was a golf course nearby, so we took most of the shots there. It was getting really dark, so the pictures came out pretty grainy. It actually kind of worked with the vintage look they were sporting, though. Here are some fav's:




















 
And here is my favorite of the night:
 
 
I don't know why, I just LOVE this one.  Hello, Great Gatsby!!  Some lovely ladies and sweet gangsta's goin on there.  Something like that.  So, it was the best dance ever and everyone lived happily ever after. The End.

No comments: